JUST SOMETIMES



I will waft in with the night air
,and leave as our days break
I'll Watch your fingers
graze an empty bed
You're Like a beautiful word
A french poet once said....

Mouth round a bottle
perfectly coarse
words scorch like a heated blanket
Wrap me in your anguish darling
 It's all I hear
Your blackened mind caresses
like Bats in my hair
It's all I hear
Don't take me there....

And I wish just sometimes
I was outside these windows
In the Good morning world
Between sex scented sheets
With Mozart on headphones
And the sonnets of Keats

Beautiful creatures
with magnificent lives
Delicious nude husbands
With perfume drunk wives
Cold Sunday mornings
And hangover cures
Cheap Prada suits
next to Christian Diors
Earl gray and warm toast
Bathrobes and strong soaps

And Oh!...
Just sometimes
 How I wish
 I was outside
These cold cold windows...

(c) Helena C Carta

No comments:

Post a Comment